Updated 12/17/19 to provide link to 9th finished book! Pls just DM-Tweet me?
I copied my sign up post to compare my plan (in red) to what happened (blue).
Categories Achieved in Green
(if I get Candide read and reviewed as well as a review of The Ox-bow Incident, I just might get to say I completed 9…)
1. 19th Century Classic.
Any classic book originally published between 1800 and 1899. – The House of the Seven Gables – Nat Hawthorne 1851 √ LINK to REV
2. 20th Century Classic.
Any classic book originally published between 1900 and 1969. – The Ox-bow Incident by Walt VanTilberg Clark 1940 √ (Link to review)
3. Classic by a Woman Author. NANCY MITFORD’s LOVE IN A COLD CLIMATE √ LINK to REV
5. Classic Comic Novel.
Any comedy, satire, or humorous work. ? A Handful of Dust by E Waugh √ LINK to REV
6. Classic Tragic Novel.
Tragedies traditionally have a sad ending… Hardy: Jude the Obscure – Hardy: the Woodlanders√ LINK to REV
7. Very Long Classic. Any classic single work 500 pages or longer, not including introductions or end notes. – The Three Muskateers should work for this. X – didn’t get to this.
8. Classic Novella.
Any work of narrative fiction shorter than 250 pages. – One Fine Day – Mollie Panter-Downes 179pp 1947 √ LINK TO REV
9. Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean). Includes classic set in either continent or the Caribbean, or by an author originally from one of those countries. – ? X – didn’t get to this.
10. Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia).
Any classic set in one of those contents or islands, or by an author from these countries. – Doris Lessing’s The Golden Notebook? √ Link to review
11. Classic From a Place You’ve Lived.
Read locally! Any classic set in a city, county, state or country in which you’ve lived, or by a local author. – The Age of Innocence / Wharton / Newport RI – Now in November 1934 by Josephine Johnson / Missouri √ LINK TO REV
12. Classic Play. Any play written or performed at least 50 years ago. Plays are eligible for this category only. X X – didn’t get to this.
Maybe this year
I will read at least 6
and achieve this Challenge
for the first time!
YAY! I have done 8 and if I hurry I can read Candide DONE! and count it for Translation and achieve 9. What a thrill. I’m so excited!!!
Copyright © 2007-2019. Care’s Online Book Club. All rights reserved. This post was originally posted by Care from Care’s Online Book Club. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.