I thought I would post something and so I now ponder this question — I see that many of my blogger friends have been busy making lists and posting what books are on their summer reading agenda.
Here goes – off the top of my head:
1. The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith – I just yesterday started this audiobook. It counts right?
2. possibly The Aviator’s Wife – I started it for bookclub but didn’t finish in time.
3. Whatever my book my club just selected at the meeting I missed yesterday. ( _To be filled in__)
4. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
5. Atlas Shrugged – maybe. I admit I’m intimidated by the length. Ti is hosting a readalong for July and August.
6. That Mindset book by Carol Dweck.
OH NO! I don’t know what else! I had such a long list going through to Misery and now I’m feeling a bit lost.
7. Maybe I need some nonfiction… Let’s add Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay.
8. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
9. Heft by Liz Moore is an audiobook I just purchased on the get 2 for 1 credit deal.
10. The Orphans of Race Point because I’m hoping to win it from Laurie! and will read it if I don’t…
Of course, it is extremely likely I won’t read this list and will choose something else entirely. I’m funny like that.
What about you? What are you excited to read in the next few months?