My town library has a yearly challenge of 12 months, 12 books, 12 categories. They don’t get hung up on the once a month thing…. Let’s go!
This year’s categories are:
- A book with a non-human narrator
- A book with a long title (7+ words)
- A book about friendship
- A guilty pleasure read
- A book told from a villain’s point of view
- A book about time
- A book with a color in the title
- A book featuring a LGBTQIA+ protagonist
- A book about death or grief
- A book set in the Great Plains
- A book about a secret or closed society
- A book by an author visiting Wichita (in-person or remote)
Follow my GoodReads tracking here.
Happy New Reading Challenge Year! Eat some pie.
Copyright © 2007-2023. Care’s Books and Pie also known as and originally created as Care’s Online Book Club. All rights reserved. This post was originally posted by Care. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.
6 thoughts on “2023 Wichita Library #ReadICT Challenge”
What fun! I wish my public library had fun adult reading challenges like this. I bet you already have a list going of possible titles 🙂
You’re the queen of reading challenges!
Our library is doing the Massachusetts Center for the Book challenge, so I need to sign up for that! I get all enthused about signing up for challenges, but it’s hard for me to stay motivated for the year-long ones. Happy New Year!
We are doing a winter challenge. I’ve already accomplished it—very easy reading goals. Wish our challenge was more challenging…
And the Facebook group for ours is quite active with book suggestions and reviews. I’m quite impressed.