This is a 2018 Year End Summary (Sub)Post to provide a record of update on my Classics Club 50 (CC50) but also to bemoan the fact that I never actually entered the Back to the Classics 2018 Challenge. And wouldn’t ya know it?! Yep, I could have met it. I actually achieved 8 of the categories by reading only 10 books that count as classics! LOL
- By Our Beginnings by Jean Stubbs 1972 – a new to me woman author
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons 1932 – CC50, a new to me woman author
- The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy 1958 – CC50, another new to me author and satisfies the COLOR category as well as a woman author
- Emma by Austen 1815 – satisfies the REREAD category and a single word title plus a woman author
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brönte 1847 – 19th Century classic, a woman author
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather 1912 – a 20th Century classic, and a woman author
- Stoner by John Williams 1965 – CC50, single word title
- Vanity Fair – Thackeray 1848 – CC50 and I possibly could fight that it is a travel classic or even maybe a crime classic? yea, maybe not.
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys 1966 – CC50 and a classic that scared me. and OH YEA– woman author
- A Wizard of EarthSea by Ursula K LeGuin 1968 – a new to me woman author and totally a children’s classic
I am just shaking my head. I usually NEVER hit enough categories to fulfill the Back to Classics Challenge and so I didn’t enter it for 2018. Go figure.
On the other hand, I am only 3 classics away from having read 50 in 5 years. I have to the end of 2019. Now, don’t get too excited because I have to read 24 from my CC50 list to make it but I never committed to that… woo hoo!
Next up is my recap post with pie charts. Enjoy this photo of a pie:
Copyright © 2007-2018. Care’s Books and Pie aka Cares’s Online Book Club. All rights reserved. This post was originally posted by Care from Care’s Online Book Club. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.