My Pecan Pie comes from Cook’s Country – have you seen their shows on Create channel? Their website requires sign in so I am just retyping it here for you.
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup packed lt brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tblsp molasses
4 Tblsp unsalted butter cut into pieces
1/2 tsp salt
6 egg yolks, ltly beaten
1 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 unbaked pie crust, preferably glass plate, chill in fridge 30 minutes prior to filling with filling
1. toast pecans in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or so or whichever way you do it, then chop.
2. Adjust rack to the lowest position of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
3. In saucepan, heat syrup, sugar, cream, molasses on medium heat, ~3 min til dissolved, stir often,
4. Take off heat for abt 5 minutes to cool slightly, then whisk in salt and eggs gently, a little at a time till incorporated.
5.Scatter pecans in chilled pie shell and then pour the filling over carefully.
6. Place in lowest rack of oven, shut the door and then lower temp to 325 degrees.
7. Check 45-60 minutes later to see if center jiggles slightly when gently shaken.
8. Cool pie 1 hour.
9. continue to cool 3 hours in the fridge.
10. Bring to room temperature before serving.
11. Make real whipped cream or not, but whisk in a tsp of bourbon into it! Mmmmmm
Enjoy, do know this is from my cryptic notes I brought on my trip to see family!!