Back to the Classics 2017 – click the button below for our host Karen’s rules for the Challenge:
The categories for the 2016 Back to the Classics Challenge: My choices in RED but if this goes like last year, I won’t read any of my original selections! eeek.
1. A 19th century classic – any book published between 1800 and 1899. Probably a Trolloppe. or a Hardy.
2. A 20th century classic – any book published between 1900 and 1967. Rabbit, Run
3. A classic by a woman author. Cold Comfort Farm or Orlando
4. A classic in translation. The Three Muskateers or Love in a Fallen City
5. A classic published before 1800. Plays and epic poems are acceptable in this category. Candide!!
6. A romance classic. Jude the Obscure?
7. A Gothic or horror classic. Jane Eyre.
8. A classic with a number in the title. One Fine Day
9. A classic about an animal or which includes the name of an animal in the title. The Bird’s Nest
10. A classic set in a place you’d like to visit. Love in a Cold Climate (whatever/whereever – will likely be English…)
11. An award-winning classic. ??? Will look at the Pulitzer list.
Perhaps The Voice at the Back Door by Elizabeth Spencer. Uh, NOPE. Is listed on that page but I didn’t realize the award was NOT given that year. So maybe The Keepers of the House by Shirley Ann Grau, 1965.