Back to the Classics Challenge 2016 – (My original post) √
Of the books I listed and expected to read for this challenge, I only read 3! So much for my predictions and selections. Unfortunately, the only translated classic I read was also the only 19th century classic that I read. I had the same problem with a re-read of a HS classic and a banned book classic, so I can only claim NINE classics completed for categories 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,10 & 12. I bailed about 1/2 in on the book for category 9 so not sure it counts but that’s ok because I still did nine… SO:
- √ A 19th Century Classic – Germinal by Zola
- √ A 20th Century Classic – The Painted Veil by WS Maugham √ JAN
- √ A Classic by a Woman Author – And Then There Were None AC
A Classic in Translation– Germinal (uh oh… )
- √ A Classic by a Non-white Author – Go Tell It On the Mountain√
- √ An Adventure Classic – Beryl Markham’s West With the Night
- √ Fantasy, SciFi or Dystopian – Brave New World / Huxley
- √ A Classic Detective novel – Murder Must Advertise / Sayers
- X Title includes Name of a Place – Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
- √ Banned or Censored Classic – To Kill a Mockingbird/Harper Lee
Reread a Classic from High School– To Kill a Mockingbird?!
- √ Classic collection of Short Stories – O.Henry the Four Million and other stories
I’m done! I finally completed this challenge!! YAY me. Happy New Year.