This is my personal favorite of Reading Challenges. I eagerly await the category announcements for the coming year and scrounge books on my shelf that will suffice.
This year, I was able to read multiple books in a few categories!
Here is the post where I announce my options for the 8th round for year 2015.
Here are the books I ended up reading for the categories:
- Words ending with ING – Mockingjay, Far From the Madding Crowd, The Making of a Marchioness (still need to someday read: First You Try Everything by Jane McCaffery, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay – Chabon (I just bought the audio! so probably will get to in 2016 if not this year yet), or Music for a Torching by AMHomes)
- Color – Color by Victoria Finlay (option not chosen: Vreeland’s Girl in Hyacinth Blue)
- Familial Relationship – Winner: Sister Carrie (losers: The Family Orchard by Nomi Eve, The Kingmaker’s Daughter by Philippa Gregory)
- Body of Water – It was a BIG FAT YES for my option of Margaret Atwood’s Year of the Flood. Plus two more qualifiers: Lost Lake, Fog Island Mountains; (Two Rivers by T.Greenwood – sorry, maybe later.)
- City – The Boston Girl, Mansfield Park, Winesburg Ohio, The Bookseller of Kabul; (still waiting on that shelf: Hard City by Clark Howard)
- Animal – The Good Lord Bird, H is for Hawk, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery (Not this time Ape House – Sara Gruen)
I think I may have overdone it. I could even count a few more titles that had words with ING: like Wings and Things. Goodness, the poor color category only got one book. A very successful challenge attempt. (Just writing this post makes me excited that we are only two months away from end of year posts!)
Will you be playing along in 2016?