This is my personal favorite of Reading Challenges. I eagerly await the category announcements for the coming year and scrounge books on my shelf that will suffice.
This year, I was able to read multiple books in a few categories!
Here is the post where I announce my options for the 8th round for year 2015.
Here are the books I ended up reading for the categories:
- Words ending with ING – Mockingjay, Far From the Madding Crowd, The Making of a Marchioness (still need to someday read: First You Try Everything by Jane McCaffery, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay – Chabon (I just bought the audio! so probably will get to in 2016 if not this year yet), or Music for a Torching by AMHomes)
- Color – Color by Victoria Finlay (option not chosen: Vreeland’s Girl in Hyacinth Blue)
- Familial Relationship – Winner: Sister Carrie (losers: The Family Orchard by Nomi Eve, The Kingmaker’s Daughter by Philippa Gregory)
- Body of Water – It was a BIG FAT YES for my option of Margaret Atwood’s Year of the Flood. Plus two more qualifiers: Lost Lake, Fog Island Mountains; (Two Rivers by T.Greenwood – sorry, maybe later.)
- City – The Boston Girl, Mansfield Park, Winesburg Ohio, The Bookseller of Kabul; (still waiting on that shelf: Hard City by Clark Howard)
- Animal – The Good Lord Bird, H is for Hawk, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery (Not this time Ape House – Sara Gruen)
I think I may have overdone it. I could even count a few more titles that had words with ING: like Wings and Things. Goodness, the poor color category only got one book. A very successful challenge attempt. (Just writing this post makes me excited that we are only two months away from end of year posts!)
Will you be playing along in 2016?
Copyright © 2007-2015. Care’s Online Book Club. All rights reserved. This post was originally posted by Care from Care’s Online Book Club. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.
8 thoughts on “I Finished What’s in a Name 8 for 2015 #WiaN15”
Way to go!!
I love this challenge, although I haven’t done it in years. I discovered book blogs around the same time I found this challenge, and the first year my kids and I all did it together. Such great memories! Maybe next year, I’ll play along again. Lunch soon!! (Girl in Hyacinth Blue is good and a quick read. Do it. LOL)
Wow. You are owning these reading challenges. I love the idea of trying this one … so will keep an eye out for 2016. Meanwhile, BRAVO!
Well, that’s it, these are all the ones I participate in. 😀
You really know how to kick butt, lady!
Usually, I have one or two categories I scramble to finish in December. My lucky year, I guess.