Jill has told me to do this.
Allow me to present the books I have read by Stephen King; in order of how much I enjoyed the experience. Because King books for me are not just ‘books-read’ but ‘experiences-experienced’.
This ranking does not imply that the bottom of the list is bad or not good, just that the ones ranked higher were slightly more fun.
Five slices of pie
1. IT. Readalong, audiobook by Steven Weber. Sept 2012
2. 11/22/63 – only the fourth book by King and after many years’ lapse. May 2012
3. Doctor Sleep – so much better than The Shining! when does a sequel ever do that? Readalong, audio Dec 2013
4. On Writing – I so enjoy nonfiction. Jan 2007
5. Mr. Mercedes – really such fun characters to cheer for. Readalong June 2014
6. Lisey’s Story – inspired by On Writing to try his fiction (I was a snob and was scared) June 2007
7. Carrie – because. Appreciate more after reading On Writing. Early 80s?! (High School, I think)
7.5 Pet Sematary – March 2015 Readalong
8. The Stand – first Readalong?? June 2012
9. Under the Dome – Readalong (my post has lots of pie references) June 2013
10. The Shining – Readalong Feb 2013
11. Bag of Bones – Readalong (only pie reference noted “easy as pie”, really?!) Dec 2014
Shall we go ahead and set a June Readalong for Misery? Who’s in?!