I have been going through my goodreads.com to-be-read list to come up with ideas for my reading in 2013.
So for the What’s In A Name 6 Challenge, by category:
1. Up/Down – Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman. I do believe this was on a personal challenge to read something from the New York Times bestseller list from the year I was born. It was the only book on the list written by a woman.
2. Kitchen – Miss Leavitt’s Stars (because the subtitle has the word MEASURE in it; counts?)
3. Party – Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornsby (because the subtitle has the word HILARIOUS which is a form of ‘hilarity’ which, to me, conjures up the fun of a good party. Am I being TOO creative?) or The Widow Clicquot because it is about making champagne!
4. Fire – LOTS of choices here… probably Catching Fire (no, I haven’t read it yet – crazy, huh?)
5. Emotion – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind because the subtitle mentions HOPE.
6. Lost/Found – Songs for the Missing by Stewart O’Nan, another author I really want to try.
This is my favorite challenge because it focuses my attention on books I keep saying I want to read. Usually, I concentrate on books I already own, too. I reserve the right to change my mind when I get the chance to glance at my bookshelves.
If anyone wants to readalong with me any of these books, let me know.
Copyright © 2007-2012. Care’s Online Book Club. All rights reserved. This post was originally posted by Care from Care’s Online Book Club. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.