My choices from the books “currently in house and yet-to-read” are:
- A book with a number in the title: Think of a Number by John Verdon
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Cat in a Diamond Dazzle by Carole Nelson Douglas
- A book with a size in the title: __ (I got nothin’)
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Go Ask Alice, Dead Man Walking*, Up in the Air, AA Gill is Away, My Detachment by Tracy Kidder
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Girls Don’t Die, Killer Angels**
- A book with a life stage in the title: Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
Does my choice for the first category qualify? Is it OK to have the word NUMBER be the number???? I did have Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith come to mind for that first category but I don’t have it in-house.
I am also not sure if all the titles I listed for category #4 qualify but I’m leaning towards Dead Man Walking* anyway. I was surprised how many I could find to offer on that one, though.
And sad that I had no size books. DARN! My goodreads tbr has a few SIZE offerings: The History of Astronomy: A Very Short Introduction by Michael Hoskin,
Thank you Fyrefly for agreeing with me that this will qualify… I think I’m ready for another JG book.
AND, I really am intimidated by Midnight’s Children…. I’ve attempted it once. I could blame the physical paperback I have, tho – VERY TINY PRINT and yellowed. Perhaps I should get an ebook version.
PLEASE help me choose which book for the EVIL category! and weigh in on my choice for the number one. Thanks!
PS I still have two books to read for THIS year! Where the Red Fern Grows and The Sea… I think I can do it.
** I’ve been wanting and needing a reason to dive into this Civil War classic.