OK, I want to play. So… I signed up to cheer for one measly hour but hope to do much more and since I sat down with the laptop, I’ve been a tweeting FOOL. and a Rhyming-Crazy-Person.
I want to do the midpoint mini-challenge so that I can actually show I’m doing some ‘participating’. Here goes:
Mid-Event Survey:Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? TWITTER!!!
2. How many books have you read so far? ZERO – I didn’t sign up to read this year.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? N/A
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Well, therein lies the problem with my lack of participation! Hub and I decided to do way more than humans are possible to accomplish this weekend and so … excuses, excuses. I was out ALL DAY, moving sod to create a new garden plot in the front yard; it’s a bit of a steep hill and thus won’t be so hard to mow but WOW – it took ALL DAY. We actually hoped to go to the boat and CLEAN/PREP that thing but am SO GLAD we cancelled. The whole time, I kept saying in my head, “ThisIsALousyReadAThonEffort,PSHAW” but, I totally didn’t execute the planning-communication phase of the April. oops.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? ha!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I’m loving Twitter. I don’t think I had jumped into that craziness last year.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Just for myself. Like, PLAN!!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I’m really thinking seriously about scheduling to be away from home for one – sounds so awesome to sit by a pool and read and be pampered and not have anyone poke fun at you for wanting to read and blog and etc.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I’m drinking a Capt Morgan and Coke. Won’t last too long but am exceeding my hour commitment so I’m good.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Just have fun with it!