I’m very excited to announce that I will be attending the Book Blogger Conference in NYC the day after Book Expo America, which happens to be in May.
AND, that I have found a book set in NY that entitles me to accept the challenge sponsored by FizzyThoughts: Typhoid Mary by Anthony Bourdain.
TEN THINGS I LOVE ABT NY/C
10. NYC is a fascinating city.
9. NYC is where I spent a fun day with my friend JL – who is an excellent tour guide, btw.
8. NYC is where the Book Blogger Conference is.
7. I’m going to the BBC in May.
6. I’ve run out of things. I didn’t spend enough time on my one half day in NYC to know or remember or list anything else…
5. It was a bit of a whirlwind day.
4. We had great weather, what with it being December.
3. Nice December in NYC during Christmas was very nice.
2. The Charmin Bathroom was hilarious.
1. I enjoyed it enough to know I need to go back.
So now, the to-do list creating and crossing-off to get ready for a return visit to NYC may now commence:
1. Re-order blog-cards that show more branding (which means the PIE, yes? but that means I have to draw a new one because the pixels aren’t right and I can’t get the file I do have to upload to the card making company…, so consider that step 1a.)
2. Buy train tix – I’m thinking of hitting town around noon on Thursday – anyone else going to be at Penn Station about that time?
3. Figure out non-wrinkly packable attire for this thing. Ugh, what shoes!? I need new shoes.
4. Decide if I want to take my good camera or light simple easy one?
5. Remember to turn texting on with my cellphone carrier otherwise, I expect the phone bill to exceed the hotel bill! Have phone numbers already stored and ready.
6. Visit other attendees blogs. Meet my roomies online before I have to share a small space with them!!! Too late – I’m committed and they will just have to put up with me. (actually, I’m a great roomie: cheerful, respectful, easy-going and I won’t hog the bathroom.)
7. Prepare a blog post for my time away that reflects well on me. (why does this one make me laugh? any suggestions?!)
OOOOOoooooo!! I’m getting very excited for this.